Sunday, February 25, 2007

Teen Lit Fest '07 in Humble, Texas

Okay, I am jealous that I never had anything near a Lit Fest of any kind in high school; this was amazing. Yesterday I was on my way to Houston anyway (to pick up 2 new sugar gliders as friends for the one I already had), so hearing that Scott Westerfeld & Justine Larbalestier were speaking and signing at the Humble ISD Teen Lit Fest was a great surprise. Of course it meant leaving quite early and still barely making the signing at 1, but I got there.

Thankfully I got in Westerfeld's line first after buying a few books; by the time I left (at 1:45) his line was circling the cafeteria. It was insane. So I got Last Days signed making me a very happy girl this weekend. I also got Magic or Madness signed by Justine, Playing in Traffic by Gail Giles, and Elegies in Blue a poetry book by Benjamin Alire Saenez signed. Chris Crutcher & Chris Yambar were there as well, but unfortunately I didn't have the money for a book by everyone. So I had a lovely day of driving, a lot, then more, with a nice little hour break of meeting authors. Happy making and quite bubbly!

And Justine & Scott are coming back to Texas in April, I believe. So I'll probably be going down to Austin in a couple months since I didn't get to see them speak this time.

No comments: