Saturday, April 28, 2007

May 17 will be a Happy Day


Because Freak Show comes out! Happymaking indeed.

I'm one for controversial books I've decided, and this one definitely will be. A YA novel somewhat and completely based on St. James (from what I've seen in interviews) in high school is bound to cause a tiny uprising. Well if any parents get wind of it at least.

I am quite sure that most parents wouldn't want their kids being influenced by a former Club Kid. I mean they may get interested in reading Party Monster (Disco Bloodbath was a better title) or heaven forbid try to watch the movie, and if that leads to the Shockumentary... Well seeing as how there's a quite interesting scene of James & Michael Alig (I believe) making Special K almost as an instructional video, I doubt many parents will approve.

But really people, the kids that actually will pick this book up more than likely need it. They need the assurance that they aren't freaks, and if they are then who cares.

So thus...I found this line in a review, and I'm even more excited now...My favorite line from a book I've never read...

"This is not a dress, it's an ecosystem"

I need to finish all my school work & projects so I can go hijack Party Monster back from John. Hope he's watched it; I'm about to go into a James St. James mode.


1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.